Preskoči na glavno vsebino

The Dark Angel

An old lady died today. A mother. I am blessed, it wasn't my mother.
A cancer diagnosis was received today. I am blessed, it wasn't me.
A radical surgery was performed today. A disabling one. On a previously seemingly healthy father. I am blessed, it wasn't my husband.
A young man found out he has a year to live. I am blessed, it wasn't my son.
An elderly man was bleeding on the operating table today after a routine minimal invasive procedure got complicated. As I was pressing the vessel to stop the bleeding I thought 'I hope he makes it through the night'. I am blessed, it wasn't my father.

But I was there with all these people. I see them die. I watch their worlds crumble to pieces. And their families'. I do my best to try and help them as much as I can.
And then I come home. I put down the wings of The Dark Angel. And am so happy to be alive. And so blessed.

Komentarji

  1. Včasih pridejo takšni dnevi, da nas spomnijo na hvaležnost v majhnih stvareh... Lep angel...

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Objavite komentar

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Tiddly Spring

I adore the quiet evening moments, when I get out of my white working uniform and jump head first into the world of colours! Spring is the perfect time for it with inspiration all around me. The inspiration for this post was a cherry tree I pass every day on my way to work. The blossoms are so soft and gentle I can't help but run my fingers through them every morning, it just makes my day. I was so excited to see this new stamp at Tiddly Inks Cherry Wryn. Isn't she adorable? I could just imagine the soft petals on my skin when colouring it. A stroke of acrylic paint, a touch of Distress Inks, foamiran flowers and voila.. here she is, Miss Spring herself :) She is so adorable I made a few versions and can't wait to have time to colour some more! I'm happy to be part of TIddly Inks blog hop Also entering in : Cinspirations April challenge: Spring time Cutiepie challenge- Delightful digis Challenge up your life #90: Aquarell

Peferct pair - gold and turquoise

One of my favourite colour combinations - GOLD and TURQUOISE! Never thought of using these two on a Christmas card, but...Challenge accepted! :) I used IndigoBlu 'Merry Christmas Tree' stamp with  gold embossing powder on velum and combined it with  Distress Ink Peacock Feathers and Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio I added a few sequins and a satin ribbon I am entering this beauty in  52cct: May Colour Challenge Craft-alnica #210 Toplotno embosiranje Creatalicious challenges #139

Rainbow birthday

 What birthday girl doesn't want to be the prettiest and best dressed on her special day? This little mouse was working night and day to make on little girl's dreams come true. Happy birthday, girl! I entered the card in: Craft-alnica Izziv #337 - Mavrica Vesela hiška Izziv #43 Mavrica Najlepši par galerija meseca junija